Hard Rock Hotel San Diego recently teamed up with expert mixologists Snake Oil Cocktail Company to create a vibrant new beverage menu that rocks! You can find Snake Oil’s incredibly unique cocktails, which combine fresh ingredients with house-infused liquors at our award-winning 207 bar. Want help finding your new favorite cocktail? Take our quiz to find out if you would enjoy something chill and refreshing, a little edgy or slightly more sophisticated?
Comic-Con is not only home to swarms of awesomely dressed up fans, it’s also where you can find all the hottest celebrities!
We spotted Justin Timberlake making his way to Nobu for lunch and even Cara Delevigne took a break from being a jet-setting supermodel to come visit us. From our favorite TV casts like Vampire Diaries and Scream Queens, to the upcoming blockbuster Suicide Squad; anyone who’s anyone was seen somewhere in our hotel during the weekend.
Take a look through the gallery to see who we spent our Comic-Con weekend with!
Without the art of dressing up and looking fly we would have no rock stars, no actors and no Comic-Con. #SDCC2016’s bevvy of boldly- fashioned boys and beauties boasted enough creativity to make Lady Gaga jealous.
Like every good human, we @HardRockSD love to judge, and we love even more to list our judgements numerically. So here you go – our Top 5 Fave Comic-Con costumes of 2016!
1. Hot Pink Chewbacca and Star Wars Pal
Like a cotton candy dream, this gorgeous duo evoked the rock n’ roll absurdity of 1980s music videos and reminded us all to Go Pink or Go Home.
2. This Uncannily Accurate Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock
All we have to say is that is NOT William Shatner and that is NOT Leonard Nimoy – but you’d never know it with grills and gear like those!
3. This Life size Depiction of Zoidberg from Futurama
His character from Futurama is a brilliant scientist, and we think it takes a brilliant scientist to concoct such a detailed and hilarious cos play version of him!
4. This Dapper Gentleman as David Bowie as Jareth, the Globlin King from Labyrinth
Because we’re the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, we had to give credit to this wholly awesome homage to our favorite stylish rocker’s most famous film role. How dope is that jacket?!
5. Our Lobby Walkers from AMC’s The Walking Dead
These bloody zombies were so scary they had our guests screaming with delight in our lobby!
Party starts Friday with a Bubbly Evening Swim and a Pool Party Saturday, while Sunday Brings a Beer Fest!
Via press release by Rana Kay
Thanks to its legendary pool parties and sun-soaked soirees, Hard Rock Hotel San Diego and its swanky Float pool lounge have become a famed destination for poolside partying during the summer months. Staying true to its reputation of throwing the city’s most talked-about holiday celebrations, this Memorial Day Weekend the hotel has lined-up three days of unique festivities starting Friday, May 27 and culminating on Sunday May 29 with a new TAPPED festival featuring live music, food, craft beer garden, entertainment and more. All events are open to the public and hotel guests receive free entry to all activities all weekend long.
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego’s Memorial Weekend festivities include the following:
• Friday, May 27 – Sip, swim and socialize at an extended P.M. Poolside Veuve Cliquot Happy Hour at Float. From 5 – 7 pm at the rooftop pool lounge, the hotel will offer $50 bottles and $10 glasses of the revered Champagne, as well as complimentary small bites at the bar. As the sun sets, the pool remains open and guests have the option of suiting up or suiting down to swim under the stars in Float’s glowing pool surrounded by glittering, rotating colored lights that illuminate the space at night. An ultra-lounge vibe is heightened with DJs spinning an expert mix of deep house and new disco tunes. Entry is complimentary to both hotel guests and the public.
• Saturday, May 28 –Don’t forget the sunscreen as Float presents a special Memorial Weekend version of its popular Sunburn Pool Party. Taking place at the Hard Rock Hotel’s Float rooftop pool lounge, overlooking the vibrant Gaslamp Quarter, the party features a laidback pool, tasty barbecue, full bars, VIP daybeds, and cabanas with lounge seating and flat screen TVs. Tickets start at $10 and can be purchased by visiting www.hardrockhotelsd.com. VIP table and cabana reservations can be made by contacting email@example.com
• Sunday, May 29 –Memorial Weekend revelers are invited to experience bands, bites and brews at the first-annual TAPPED festival taking place at Float pool lounge and the hotel’s adjacent Woodstock entertainment deck. The event promises an afternoon of adult fun with a beer garden sponsored by Stone Brewing Co. and Latitude 33, plenty of food, cocktails, a flair bartender competition hosted by Flairaholiks as well as a live performance by popular reggae-rock group Sun Dried Vibes. Doors are open from 11 am – 7 pm. Tickets to TAPPED are $40 each and are available for purchase by visiting www.hardrockhotelsd.com.
Hotel guests receive free entry to all the weekend’s events. Rooms start at $269 during Memorial Day Weekend and guests are encouraged to book early due to high-demand. To book Hard Rock Hotel San Diego rooms and room packages visit www.hardrockhotelsd.com or call 888-593-6177. Rates and ticket prices are subject to availability. All Memorial Weekend events are 21 and over.
San Diego restaurant week has taken over our fine city and our even finer taste buds. But critics and foodies alike agree Nobu San Diego is the one menu that can’t be missed. Call (619) 814-4124 for reservations.
For a mere $40 a dish diners can enjoy a five course family style meal curated by Nobu’s three star trained chefs which is some social media fans are calling, “The best deal of the week.” Located on our property feet away from the famous Gaslamp Quarter sign, Nobu’s affordable #SDRestaurantWeek menu while be featured every night through Sunday January 24th.
Our hotel is lucky enough to proudly stand at the foot of one of Downtown San Diego‘s most photographed landmarks – the legendary Gaslamp Quarter sign. While the historic district dates back to the waterfront industry boom of the 1870s, it wasn’t until 1986 that the Gaslamp Quarter Archway signage was conceived.
But my oh my, what a buzz it created! The luminous marquee continues to be one of the most photographed spots in downtown Diego.
Stretching over Fifth street at the corner of L, the sign is a mixed-media constellation of neon, incandescent and fluorescent light fixtures. The vibrant display greets passing trains and is only steps away from the world famous San Diego Convention Center.
The sign was designed by Harmon Nelson and David Robinson, inc and was intended to mark San Diego’s successful redevelopment as a world class city. We think Here are a few of our favorite photos of the sign that celebrate the vitality of our beloved strip of town. (Photo credit listed under image as caption.)
But regardless, wherever you may find yourself ringing in 2016, we’ve come up with a master #NYE2016 pregaming playlist! Expertly curated by our Vibe Manager James to ensure your vibe is on-point so you can get back to having the best night ever.
So here you go! A 60 minute Spotify mix to stream for the last hour before the ball drops. Cheers:
Artist photos courtesy of record labels via artist’s Spotify, Twitter & Instagram, we use them here for artist promotion.
Corner of 5th Avenue & L Street
207 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
Front Desk: 619-702-3000